The young players were tight in the fourth quarter
by Kayo (2017-03-20 00:19:43)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

They weren't moving on offense. They didn't make winning plays - big rebounds, defensive stops, important shots.

They were the polar opposite in overtime. Maybe it was relief from not losing in regulation. Maybe they just got more determined. For whatever reason, Mabrey, Ogunbuwale, and Young were excellent in overtime.

And good for Nelson, too. She has her limitations; but as tough as it was to win with her logging so many minutes, it would have been even more difficult without her tonight. She did enough to help the cause.

They were awful in the fourth quarter
by ndpaul  (2017-03-20 00:55:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They literally ran no offense. Just stood around and took turns going one on one as the clock ran down. No one going to the glass. On D, no one boxing out. Their body language was terrible - playing not to lose... Got better in OT when they came to reality that they had to play without her but there still wasn't a lot of offensive flow other than drive/shoot or drive/dish...

With BT out, we simply aren't that deep. Allen, Mabrey, Young, Arike, Westbeld, Boley. Get MJ into the rotation to help spell minutes.

Nelson is not a factor on offense or defense for that matter.

If BT is out, I think that they will have a game plan and look better, but the championship and final four are a long shot

I believe if we had relief at the point, it would have
by rhodyjack  (2017-03-20 14:29:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

been a better situation as you could have Patburg at the point and move Allen to the wing along with Jackie and attack in or kick out for a 3. i think Lindsay was burned out in that second half. The whole game was on her.

Lindsay was burned out in that second half
by ram  (2017-03-20 14:46:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and she recovered in time to play great in overtime?

that time between the 4th quarter and OT must have been a lot longer than I thought

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.