Reg BT
by ibleedgreen (2017-03-19 23:34:20)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

People w serious injuries don't laugh on the bench nor walk in the hand shake line after the game. I'm not a doc but I think it may just be a strain.

Good job Nelson. You played past your talent level.

isn't the strict definition of a "strain"...
by DavidAddison  (2017-03-20 09:57:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a partial tear? Just wondering if the best post-MRI news we could hear might still have her out for a couple of weeks, which of course is the maximum remainder of the season.

Given the Achonwa thing, this is ridiculously bad luck.

Cautiously optimistic - no brace
by veets  (2017-03-20 08:26:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would think that if the knee had instability after examination, the training staff would put a brace on her knee as a precaution.

And people with ACL tears can walk without much of a limp *
by chicos bail bonds  (2017-03-20 08:18:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jordy Nelson. Walked off on his own accord, barely a limp
by chezhdchick  (2017-03-20 09:22:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The next day...worst possible news and he missed the entire year. Some people can't put ANY weight on the knee and need to be assisted off the court, and some can walk.

South Carolina had a starter go down during the game yesterday, that looks bad, as well.

Yep. This isn't a one size fits all deal.
by NDBass  (2017-03-20 11:37:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've completely ruptured mine and couldn't walk without crutches for almost two weeks. I've torn it and walked off with a slight limp. Walked completely normal the following morning. Heck, I've walked around perfectly fine with no ACL. People also have different pain tolerances, emotions, and outlooks. Trying to judge severity based on external observations and comparisons to other situations is not worth the effort.

Walking is not running and jumping. Gotta wait for the MRI
by PabloFanque  (2017-03-19 23:37:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

results. Hopefully, you are correct.

No ice on knee gives me some hope but it looked bad. *
by hibernianangst  (2017-03-19 23:47:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not optimistic
by brnd  (2017-03-20 01:04:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've had 2 ACL tears and walking around was not a problem.
Hope I'm wrong and that it's just a sprain.

Exactly. I was walking with no pain and no limp 10 minutes
by Georgia Hog  (2017-03-20 09:09:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after tearing my ACL, but I knew my knee wasn't right. It had no lateral stability.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.