Fortunate
by ibleedgreen (2017-03-19 23:29:58)
Edited on 2017-03-19 23:31:12
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Survive and move on. Kind of playing on house money. IMHO

Great job ladies!

ND got too passive with 10 pt lead
by NDFANOK57  (2017-03-19 23:44:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Too many possessions, just ran down the clock, after 74-64, 330 to go..Then after falling behind in OT, reverted to normal offense, and it paid off..

If they run the normal offense...
by Cavanaugh82  (2017-03-20 08:57:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and shoot (and miss) with 20s on the shot clock or turn the ball over we would be criticizing them for giving Purdue too many opportunities.

I didn't mind them trying to minimize the number of possessions given that they did not have one of their most efficient offensive weapons, one of their more reliable players was sitting with 4 fouls, and a Koko had already turned the ball over and committed offensive fouls a few times (I think they called a foul on her when she checked in at the scorer's table).

Where I think the strategy was flawed was that they were willing to do absolutely nothing for 20 seconds and then just go one-on-one and not getting a very good shot. You can still be deliberate and run some clock without completely abandoning your offense.

Unfortunately, this has also been their strategy for much of the year when they have had the last possession in a quarter and it has not been all that successful then either. In past years Lindsay has been very good at that and probably has earned coach McGraw's trust to make the right decisions in those situations but, in my opinion, it has not panned out that well this year.

Akin to the prevent defense in football. They mind numbingly
by drmurray  (2017-03-20 04:47:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

did the same thing 5-6 straight times.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.