Dara, UConn, S&C, Recruiting
by westsideirish (2017-01-10 19:55:33)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I watched the video of Dara and she definitely has the Mabrey trait of dead eye shooting but I believe her stated height of 5'7" is genourous. She looked a step slow defensively. I wonder if she fits the new template of taller, longer players that Patterson, Vaughn, Gilbert, Prohaska and now Brown fits. It's hard to pass on a shooter like Dara,though.

I tuned in to watch UConn and South Florida. I could only watch a few minutes as the game is a mismatch. UConn players look to be the most physically fit women's team I have ever seen. Their BMI must be off the charts. You put elite talent, speed, conditioning, coaching, and a basketball facility together and you have a team that will win at least 90 consecutive games again. I understand that the new ND football S&C coach trained all of the Husky's teams including the WBB team. Perhaps he can do the same for the Irish ladies and if not at least consult with the current staff.

Not the women's team S&C coach
by ucmiami  (2017-01-11 14:50:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Uconn WCBB has their own strength and conditioning coach - Amanda Kimball who has been there fore a decade at least. They also added training with US Marines for about a week at the start of school every fall, so I don't think the guy ND hired had much to do with the WCBB team.

Uconn WCBB did lose their head athletic trainer Rosemary Ragle to the NY Liberty this past year - and she was great at keeping the players healthy/helping them recover from injuries.

Craig Cheek
by rjp172  (2017-01-10 21:27:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What happened to him? Didn't read anything about him leaving his S & C position at ND. Apparently he's been gone since September.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.