1. UConn & ND starters are evenly matched except for size. The skill levels are very close but they are just much bigger and just as quick. Also, they have 8 players they can play with confidence. Cable & Turner looked overmatched (although Cable made some plays, she made some huge mistakes, too). Wright is serviceable. It is a tribute to the coaches and the determination of the players that they were able to beat them 3 times prior to last night.
2. Kudos to the team and, in particular, Diggins and McGraw for handling the loss with grace and class. No crying or making excuses. Other teams (Pros included) should watch to learn how to handle disappointing losses.
3. ND needs more size. They need a center that can hit a 15 footer consistently. Ace is a very good player playing out of position. Braker is a good player but with very limited offensive abilities. Ditto Wright.
4. Loyd and McBride need to get a little more range on their shots. They need to make 3s more consistently. Both have demonstrated the ability to make them but they need consistently (and confidence).
5. UConn has awesome recruiting. They have the potential to make another 3 titles with the freshmen they have this year. Stewart is really, really good.
6. Awards should wait until after the tourney. I wonder how much Geno used "Freshman POY" award to Loyd to motivate Stewart.
7. ND needs to get an impact player(s) over 6'3" They have plenty of 5'9" to 5'11" players that can play. Size has killed them in the finals each of the last 3 years.
8. This team achieved way more than they should have. They are a great bunch of athletes and a great team.