Mary Ashley Stevenson (6-2, FR from PU) in portal
by gmb66 (2024-04-25 14:16:05)

Love This Player. Smart, Tough. Could Be Maddy Successor
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 14:21:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will only be a sophomore, so she'd have three years of eligibility. Could play behind Maddy for a year and then take over for two whole years after, playing with Kate Koval up front and Hannah and Emma in the backcourt for multiple years.

She was known as Mary Ashley Groot when she was the first and only NYC All-Star from The Dalton School in Manhattan, a prestigious private school.
Don't let the ritzy school for you, she's tough as nails.

Michaela followed her in high school and I hope she picks up the phone.
Liza Karlen was a good idea when she came in, but here I'm thinking this could be even better because of the multi-year possibility.

She started 33-34 games, averaging 28 minutes per game. She averaged 9 ppg on 41% shooting from the field and 82% from the FT line. She grabbed 5.1 rpg and that would probably increase playing next to centers like Koval and, possibly, Weimar.

At the very least, worth a phone call from Michaela....

I see Duke ties
by Raoul  (2024-04-25 15:02:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her value to everyone has risen. Everyone else in family out East. Real question is why Purdue originally.

If you had to choose
by txirish74  (2024-04-25 14:38:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mary Ashley or Leah Macy?

Who's To Say Macy is a Guarantee?
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 15:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some 2025 class prospects are committing already.

Not denying Macy is a very solid prospect (she is), but Niele and Mike can have that call. Sometimes, an Irish forward in hand is better...

I agree.but
by txirish74  (2024-04-25 15:39:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was just trying to make a comparison.

Kenny Brooks at UK hurts ND's chances for Leah Macy.
by MPG  (2024-04-25 15:26:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Battling Brooks and Walz for this Kentucky girl will be a challenge...I am still disappointed that ND could not beat UL for Randolph.

Think Randolph Decision Was Close
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 16:46:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having watched her at the McDonalds All-Star game, she can very much attack the basket.

- Maybe she thought she'd be stuck for playing time behind Sonia for one year and Cass Prosper.

- Also, her teammate and friend from Sierra Canyon, Izela Arenas, is going to the 'ville first. She committed first and many thought it was a move to get Randolph.

As for Macy, it will be had to get her out of the Blue Grass State with both Brooks and Walz going after her. And I'll be Vandy and Tennessee are putting blitzes on, as well, for the regional quad approach.

Still, playing with Hannah Hidalgo for two years and Kate Koval for three has to have an attraction.

ND better have some depth in
by nd67  (2024-04-25 22:08:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hs prospects because Macy is a long shot.
I think Brooks will get her but stranger things
have happened in recruiting.

I checked. South Bend has an altitude of 719 feet *
by drmurray  (2024-04-26 08:06:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have a Suggestion for You, Dr. ...
by dillon77  (2024-04-26 09:24:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you ever peruse The Boneyard? Specifically, The "General Women's Basketball Forum?" (that's a sub-forum of the UConn Women's Basketball Forum."

The General Forum is intended for overall women's basketball topics and draws in fans of many schools, such as yours truly and Orangutan, among others.

There's a poster named @triaddukefan and, yes, he's a Dookie, but don't hold that against him. He's got a dry, slightly off-center sense of humor and I think you'd appreciate it. He also has witty cracks against the North Carolina Tar Heels, which should inspire Domers against Michigan.
Plus, he's a foodie. When my younger son attended Wake Forest, he had several great suggestions in Winston-Salem.

You can find him posting in most of the General threads, including the ACC, ND, various transfer and recruiting. He's good for both chuckles...and insights.

You are a man of wealth and taste!
by drmurray  (2024-04-26 10:51:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks!

Agree on Randolph decision being close
by irishfan2008  (2024-04-25 18:28:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I noticed that Mackenly reposts a lot about Hannah. They appear to be close.

Why not both? *
by gmb66  (2024-04-25 14:41:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She was Groot? *
by ufl  (2024-04-25 14:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No. I am Groot. *
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2024-04-25 14:42:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I knew someone would get it *
by ufl  (2024-04-25 14:46:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She really struggled vs N.D. in a blow out loss. 2/10
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 14:29:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from the field. Played 32 mins. She did have six rebounds.

One Could Say That About All of Purdue: 76-36 ND
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 15:10:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was one of THE blowouts of the season and she was playing against Maddy, who had a double-double.

I'm not saying she's Maddy, but she's a very solid, intelligent player who should only get better.

Worth a call.