Aaliyah Nye Withdraws Name from Portal; To Stay at Alabama *
by dillon77 (2024-04-25 11:40:16)
Edited on 2024-04-25 11:43:54

..Per Raoul.

I thought the weather was good at ND?
Maybe the situation was not as beneficial for one, the other or both.

Many were a bit surprised by this, particularly if Emma Risch is on the road to recovery and the fact that KK Bransford is coming back.

Will now focus on what comes of the King visit and, particularly, the purported visit by Caitlyn Weimar, which is really crucial, IMO.

I'll be happy if we just get another big
by irishfan2008  (2024-04-25 13:34:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Either Weimar or Liza Karlen. That's the most pressing need since there's no one to back up Kate or Maddy. And then maybe just an emergency guard similar to a Jenna Brown.

Aw shucks. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 13:16:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonder if we brought her in thinking KK was leaving
by jjcj10  (2024-04-25 12:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and then when she told Niele that she wanted to come back this pushed Nye back to Alabama

That's my guess as well. Dye scheduled the visit when
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2024-04-25 14:33:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we thought we would be without KK. But after KK decided to remove her name from the portal, there was no longer room for a guard.

Disappointing for us
by NPaulTodd  (2024-04-25 11:49:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree that she wasn't a critical need, particularly with KK returning as an extra ball handler, but she was the best shooter in the portal, and more threes is always a good thing.

It's definitely a challenge to convince an all conference player to leave a starting spot to join a talented but crowded backcourt, but I am impressed that Niele was able to pull her in for a visit and I am optimistic with how high she aiming.

Yes, From 2nd-Team All SEC to 2nd String Can Be Tough...
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 11:56:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sell, particularly for a P5 player who might have aspirations to go pro.

Like you said, though, I like the quality of the players that Niele is bringing in.

At some point, knock on Dome, we'll hear how these visits play out...

Thought Alabama had made good strides was a bit surprised to see her in the portal, given that. Now she can get back, aim higher and finish it out (just like KK will do with ND...)