Bottom line: Nutshell response to yalls response
by ndpaul (2024-04-25 10:06:05)

In reply to: My Thoughts on the transfer portal, next year roster - long  posted by ndpaul

I think some people disagree with my rotation defeciency assessments (my opinion) - that is fine. But I think in a nutshell:

We have talent already on our roster (Risch, Prosper, KK) that need minutes and those minutes will be very hard to come by next year. We need depth, mostly at the 4/5 . And 5 is the best opportunity with Koval rotating in, but if we can't get a Beers type of 5, a premium 4 will work....

Summary: ND should recruit to add one starting 4 or 5..
by ndpaul  (2024-04-25 11:10:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My opinion: We should recruit and try to add (from the portal) exactly 1 4 or 5 premium player to start and once that person is signed , we are done.

The only caveat is if they can find someone who is willing to come on as a backup and/or fight for a job and really think they can beat out an existing player for a rotational non-starting position. And with understanding that they get a degree and may never get anything more than garbage time minutes.... If they can add that, more power to them....

Summary: ND should recruit to add one starting 4 or 5..
by ndpaul  (2024-04-25 11:10:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My opinion: We should recruit and try to add (from the portal) exactly 1 4 or 5 premium player to start and once that person is signed , we are done.

The only caveat is if they can find someone who is willing to come on as a backup and/or fight for a job and really think they can beat out an existing player for a rotational non-starting position. And with understanding that they get a degree and may never get anything more than garbage time minutes.... If they can add that, more power to them....

That will be hard to do. Solid starter for a back up
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 13:36:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

position.

sorry for the repeats - don't know what is happening :-) *
by ndpaul  (2024-04-25 10:23:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happens to Me from Time to Time. You Can Delete...
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 10:35:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if you go to the edits...