Good Deduction: Here's Info on Weimar's Season ..
by dillon77 (2024-04-25 08:05:40)

In reply to: Another possible visitor this week  posted by mwayne

...from the Patriot League End-of-Year press release on its MVP's, All-Star teams, etc.

Here's Weimar's information (posted whole article below):

2023-24 Patriot League Women’s Basketball Player and Defensive Player of the Year
Caitlin Weimar, Boston University, Sr., F, Cortlandt Manor, N.Y./Hendrick Hudson
* Weimar finished the regular season leading the League in points per game (18.5), rebounds per game (10.5) and blocks per game (2.9) in 28 games played.
* The senior recorded 17 double-doubles this season – good for 12th in the nation.
* The four-time Patriot League Player of the Week recently moved into 12th on BU’s career scoring list with 1,217 points.
* She is now the sixth Terrier in program history to reach 800 career rebounds.
* Weimar was named the 2023-24 preseason player and defensive player of the year and is a two-time Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year.

Druthers:
- There are multiple reports that Oregon State's Raegen Beers is down to Oklahoma and/or UConn. If true, I think Weimar could very well be Niele's prime focus for the post position to split time with Kate Koval.

- While I'm aware Weimar hasn't played in P5 conferences, she's played in a solid mid-major and gotten better every year. Maybe she'll continue to grow her game like Jonquel Jones of George Washington, another mid-major big.
I agree with other that Kate Koval will probably start off better on offense. Weimar is the defensive alternative.

- Niele and Carol Owens must be getting reports form Melissa D'Amico Graves, Weimar's current coach and the former ND center under Muffet.

- Bronagh Power-Cassidy, the senior guard from Holy Cross, made 1st team, a well. I was interested in her as providing depth to the Irish, but now that KK Bransford has re-upped, don't think there's a need for her skill set (which is more all-around than say a driver/rebounder or three-pt. whiz).

Replies: