Portal, just a bit odd, Oregon St. has eight players leaving
by MountainMan (2024-04-25 07:52:43)

None of them have landed? Are they all going to change there mind?

Many transfers announce at the end of April
by irishfan2008  (2024-04-25 13:38:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So we could be hearing a lot of news in the next 3-4 days. They may have already found new teams but haven't announced it.

Yes I am hoping OSU gets 8 KK's. Beers is the key and my
by Domerduck  (2024-04-25 11:46:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

guess it is NIL and coaching comfort for her. Listening to radio interviews her parents seem to like the coach and seem happy how well she was taken care of with her health and injuries as a Beav. But she is at the peak of her demand as an AA. Talia is the only one in the portal who is a graduate and if she stays I can see all 8 staying. I think Scott probably let them explore their options because if they come back wow. Plus I guarantee they all will have NIL money from expOSUre if they stay. Maybe the strategy was Scott says OSU will match whatever their top NIL offer. The OSU coaching staff is very tight and none have even thought about leaving. If he gets even 6 back what a shot of confidence for the Beavs. The only two of the top 10 players that didn't go shopping was starter AJ Mayotte from Austin who had the 5th minutes as starter only playing 20/min a game and backup center/forward Australian Kelsey Rees who already xfrd from Utah before last season.

One other point while the Oregon Ducks have already moved on to next year as they have posted their 24/25 roster on their website with the new committed xfrs coming next year, Scott and the Beavers have kept their 23/24 roster on their website and more importantly haven't pursued any new transfers as far as I can tell. Even though the conference competition will not be as competitive as the PAC12 was, they still can be competitive in the tourney if they can keep most of the team. I am rooting for them to keep most of them. If they keep all 8 my guess they will try to make a UConn OOC type of schedule which I am sure they can get.

So I might have caught on to something. For your sake
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 13:22:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the Coaches as well, I hope so.

(It was so strange to see the whole team leave, with the success they had and how well thought of the head coach is.).

I understand the dissolution of the PAC 12 may have been the impetus, but still it doesn't fully explain why.

I actually have no inside knowledge, but I do know OSU will
by Domerduck  (2024-04-25 16:30:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

do whatever it takes to preserve competitivenes of two sports, Baseball where they have been in 16 of the last 18 tourney's with 3 National Champioships, 6 World Series, and 8 regional championships and WCBB team which has made 8 of the last 10 tourneys with a Final 4, 3 Elite 8s, and 5 sweet 16's. Baseball sells out every game with SRO here in Corvallis so they chose to stay independent to make a tough schedule and are clearly the top baseball program on the West Coast They are generous w/NIL baseball money and have an OSU grad as their manager-Mitch Canham, who was on Pat Casey's 1st two NC teams. Sort of OSU's baseball version replacing his legend coach much like Niele Ivey did with Muffet at ND in CWBB.

I assume they will supports OSU grad Scott the same way. His WBB program gets better attendance than the men and only 4 coaches who will be leading their same teams next year have been better than the 5 S16/3 E8 NCAA tourney results the last 10 years like Scott: Geno, Dawn, Brenda Frese, and Jeff Walz. He's only matched by Iowa's coach Lisa Bluder, who does one up him with an extra Final 4 since she had CC the last 4 years. ND, Baylor, Stanford, and Texas also have done better the last 10 years but not with their current coach. Then there is Kim Mulkey & Vic Schaeffer who have also done better, but with multiple teams.

I think you have to put Scott in the top 10 of current WCBB coaches which I would include the 8 mentioned above + Niele & Wes Moore. If Scott can keep much of his team together, fill the gaps, and get back to the Sweet 16 next year that would be a miracle given what they are going through.

Yes, I Saw That, Too.
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 08:22:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Raoul, right?

It is interesting and perhaps shows that these young women were very much conflicted. From all reports, Rueck is a good guy but they're leery in being in what initially would be a "second-thought" league. However, maybe the grass they've encountered isn't close to what they were used to/expected.

However, it may be a case of who's going to knock the door down first.
Stay tuned.

It's also worth noting that some are "close" to picking
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-25 08:29:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Talia von Oelhoffen released a "Top 4" on social media that included Kentucky, Louisville, Colorado, and USC.

Multiple reports at this point have stated Raegan Beers is deciding between Oklahoma and UConn.

So I don't think all eight players have changed their mind. I think they're all taking time because they know they have it, and they have an abundance of options. Many of them were significant contributors to an Elite Eight team! Still, it wouldn't surprise me if more than one of them returns to the Beavs.

You're probably right. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 09:14:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post