Another possible visitor this week
by mwayne (2024-04-25 07:22:21)

Tyler Horka wrote the following yesterday on his Twitter (X) page:

"Notre Dame women's basketball is expected to host a transfer portal visit for a conference player of the year who averaged a double-double this past season."

More information is behind a paywall I don't have and if I did, wouldn't share. But since he provided the aforementioned clue on his public feed, it would suggest that it's Caitlin Weimar.

Mr. Horka is wrong *
by SB Jimbo  (2024-04-26 07:34:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wrong About What? Care To Elaborate?
by dillon77  (2024-04-26 09:37:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's basing it on a source, so is the source wrong? Or is it a different person?

I read the aticle. He was told it is Weimar. *
by domer79dad09  (2024-04-25 12:24:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does it say when she will visit? *
by 2Domer  (2024-04-25 13:15:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"soon" *
by BTFNDGUY  (2024-04-26 10:51:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. *
by 2Domer  (2024-04-26 11:10:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the confirmation, I think Weimar is the best fit. *
by Cavanaugh82  (2024-04-25 13:06:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't understand all the cloak and dagger secrecy, why...
by Cavanaugh82  (2024-04-25 08:07:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not just say who it is? I know that access to the portal is limited to only a few people within each school but the list of athletes in there seems to be pretty much public knowledge.

Maybe the athlete wants it kept under wraps. I'm sure if
by maverick  (2024-04-25 10:34:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the athlete wanted it made Public they would post it on social media.

I hope her trip here is to sign necessary paperwork and get
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 13:25:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

her picture taken with at least one other recruit.

That works for me & I can step back off the ledge For Now! *
by maverick  (2024-04-25 15:43:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More likely ND wants it kept under wraps
by SB Jimbo  (2024-04-25 12:29:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unlike many schools, rarely does a recruit mention s/he has an upcoming visit, is on a visit, or just had a visit to ND.

I could tell you that...but I'd have to... *
by drmurray  (2024-04-25 08:08:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After all, it's common knowledge amongst all ND faithful...
by Cavanaugh82  (2024-04-25 09:44:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Michigan is not well-liked.

hahaha
by drmurray  (2024-04-25 10:35:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Exactly

Good Deduction: Here's Info on Weimar's Season ..
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 08:05:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...from the Patriot League End-of-Year press release on its MVP's, All-Star teams, etc.

Here's Weimar's information (posted whole article below):

2023-24 Patriot League Women’s Basketball Player and Defensive Player of the Year
Caitlin Weimar, Boston University, Sr., F, Cortlandt Manor, N.Y./Hendrick Hudson
* Weimar finished the regular season leading the League in points per game (18.5), rebounds per game (10.5) and blocks per game (2.9) in 28 games played.
* The senior recorded 17 double-doubles this season – good for 12th in the nation.
* The four-time Patriot League Player of the Week recently moved into 12th on BU’s career scoring list with 1,217 points.
* She is now the sixth Terrier in program history to reach 800 career rebounds.
* Weimar was named the 2023-24 preseason player and defensive player of the year and is a two-time Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year.

Druthers:
- There are multiple reports that Oregon State's Raegen Beers is down to Oklahoma and/or UConn. If true, I think Weimar could very well be Niele's prime focus for the post position to split time with Kate Koval.

- While I'm aware Weimar hasn't played in P5 conferences, she's played in a solid mid-major and gotten better every year. Maybe she'll continue to grow her game like Jonquel Jones of George Washington, another mid-major big.
I agree with other that Kate Koval will probably start off better on offense. Weimar is the defensive alternative.

- Niele and Carol Owens must be getting reports form Melissa D'Amico Graves, Weimar's current coach and the former ND center under Muffet.

- Bronagh Power-Cassidy, the senior guard from Holy Cross, made 1st team, a well. I was interested in her as providing depth to the Irish, but now that KK Bransford has re-upped, don't think there's a need for her skill set (which is more all-around than say a driver/rebounder or three-pt. whiz).

I believe it's Weimar as well
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-25 08:26:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we're to take Horka at his word, then this player won the conference player of the year award (i.e. not sixth player or defensive player, etc.) and averaged a double-double. I just ran through all the conferences and no player in the portal was a POY with a double-double average except Weimar.

It's strange, though, because in the article about her visit to NC State it intimated that she had already visited Notre Dame. Either way, good to have her come.

She seems like a Kylee Watson type player, but a better
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 09:17:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rebounder and maybe a better scorer as well.

I watched some video of her's
by MackDaddy82  (2024-04-25 11:44:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

she is a leaner, quicker and more athletic player than Watson. Is she as strong as Watson in body'ng opposing Centers ? I think that is where she is a lesser player than Watson, but the overall tradeoff is I think she brings more to the table.

Agreed. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 13:26:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She Moves Well and Can Chase People Past the Paint
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 11:57:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In that sense, there's a bit of Nat to her.

You've liked her all along and now I'm a convert. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 13:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2.9 blocks per game *
by ram  (2024-04-25 10:14:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A perfect back up big. She'll get to play on the big stage,
by MountainMan  (2024-04-25 13:30:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and improve, play for a potential national championship and improve her game.

I see her getting significant minutes and contributing accordingly.

Perhaps the NC State Report Was Off? Or...
by dillon77  (2024-04-25 08:58:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Weimer flipped her plans and went to NC State first?

In any case, if she comes in and everything is mutually thumbs up, I'd sure hope for some white smoke out of the Dome or Joyce Center. That post position is crucial.

Yes, there is a good chance that the NC State reporter
by MPG  (2024-04-25 10:06:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thought that Weimar had visited ND when she was actually planning a visit to ND. I think that this timing helps the Irish.

I agree that a post position replacement for Watson/Marshall is crucial!

Just going to throw this out there
by NPaulTodd  (2024-04-25 08:00:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kiki Iriafen was the PAC-12 Most Improved Player of the Year and averaged 19.4 PPG 11.0 RPG. That technically meets the requirements as well. I didn't do an exhaustive search through all of the mid majors, so there may be other candidates out there as well, but Kiki appears to be the only other option in the major conferences.

Weimar is certainly the likely choice, although there was a report a few weeks ago that suggested she had already visited.

Hopefully closing the deal *
by Whaler170  (2024-04-25 08:32:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post