Emma's game is very similar to Sonia Citron's and they...
by Cavanaugh82 (2024-04-25 06:25:08)

In reply to: Tell me about Risch..  posted by LADomer

are, obviously, similar in their physical attributes as 6'1" guards. Emma is probably a better three-point shooter (one of the best in the country coming out of high school) but Sonia is better at just about everything else (but I think Sonia is better than most college players at everything else).

Emma only played 88 minutes last year, just over two complete games worth, so it is hard to judge her performance. Most of her time was in short 2-3 minute segments substituting for one of the starters and almost half of her minutes played (42 mins) were in two games against NJIT and Chicago St (the worst team in D1 women's basketball) so the statistics are going to be skewed by the level of competition.

When she was playing in the zone defense she was on the baseline so she was essentially playing in the same position as Citron and Westbeld and she actually had several blocked shots and averaged 10 rebounds/40 minutes played. It is probably worth mentioning that she was suffering from this lingering hip injury that eventually required surgery. I have no idea how her rehabilitation has affected her normal S&C development.

Because of her three-point shooting ability some people have suggested that she might be the next Alicia Ratay and I don't think that is fair to either player. Ratay was a great three-point shooter but she was much more than that and Emma is unlikely to approach Alicia's season or career three-point shooting accomplishments. Maybe someone like Madison Cable would be a better comparison but let's just let Emma be Emma instead of comparing her to other players.

I agree with you that it is going to be hard to find minutes for any player that is not starting and, for Emma, the possible addition to the roster of someone like Aaliyah Nye would make it even more difficult.

Replies: