This is a wild proposition but any possibility KK redshirts?
by GriffinGold16 (2024-04-24 14:36:35)

I am as ecstatic as anyone that Bransford is coming back - I see such high potential in her and I think that she could blossom into just as good a player as the Big 4, especially if Carlos Knox can help her like he did for Westbeld.

That said, I understand what motivations she had to enter the portal in the first place. With the amazing highschool career (and freshman year) she had, she probably has higher aspirations than coming off the bench her junior year, even though she played a starter's minutes last year.

So here's my question. I don't know if there's any precedence for this, and usually I roll my eyes when I see questions like this on this forum, but is there a possibility that she could redshirt this upcoming season? If she's concerned about depth, and if the Irish continue to entertain the possibility of transfer guards/small forwards, it might not be so crazy.

I think it would be extremely uncommon to redshirt your junior year - usually players redhisrt their first year on campus, if at all - but depending on how the rest of the portal shakes out, KK's basketball goals, her injury record, and her original intention to transfer, it might not be a bad way for her to get right where she wants to be.

Just a thought! I will be overjoyed to see her return to the court in an Irish uniform either way.

Nope, unless her injury is much worse she didn't return
by Anotherjoe  (2024-04-25 00:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to sit for a year and unless ND picks up 3 portal players or more she will get minutes in relief.

Some precedence - J.R. KONIECZNY redshirted his soph season *
by NDoggie78  (2024-04-24 15:47:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm almost positive Tim Abromaitis took a r/s year as soph *
by CJC  (2024-04-24 17:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep. Good recall *
by ram  (2024-04-24 18:21:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was surprised at the time. Good long term for him. *
by Whaler170  (2024-04-24 21:25:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NCAA hosed him on a medical 6th year. *
by OITLinebacker  (2024-04-25 05:52:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not the worst idea....maybe even a good one *
by Raoul  (2024-04-24 14:59:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post