Could be the GS Warriors blueprint.
by ndbutch (2024-04-24 12:59:38)
Edited on 2024-04-24 13:04:57

In reply to: Interesting. TWo 6'0" Guard/Forwards in 2 Days  posted by dillon77

When they were good of course.

I don't believe that the Miles/HH pairing is going beyond next season barring injury. Their presence makes it a team that's going to push the ball. I believe that plays more to Kings strengths than Kate's right now. I don't believe K. Watson will be available in 24-25. King, with Koval in reserve, would alleviate the necessity for Maddie to go bump and grind in the post as soon as fouls become an issue. Taking away from her offense. Koval can do that. Maddie in a real emergency. They are going to play mostly zone in their set defense. King, based on what I saw of her vs the Irish, doesn't need plays run for her to be effective. She's also been a better rebounder than anyone ND has outside of Maddie and Olivia. Olivia's impact on rebounding is a factor sorely missing last season.

Any team with HH is going to apply defensive pressure. But HH along with a healthy Cass, KK and Citron would make it possible for longer periods. Making the cliche about turning turning defense into offense a reality.

Hopefully a healthy Emma Risch and another shooter would complete things.