I think we're still looking for 3
by NPaulTodd (2024-04-24 07:35:46)

In reply to: Updated Roster, as of 4/24  posted by dillon77

I count King as a guard, putting her in that "big athletic guards that mix it up down low" category. She would be guard number 7 on the roster. We had 8 last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up picking up another Anna type combo guard just to make sure we have good depth. We do have 3 of our current 6 guards returning from season long injuries.

As for the forwards, I'm guessing that Niele is targeting a 5th year post to fill in for Kylee for one year without messing up the numbers moving forward. That most likely means Kiki or Weimar. There have been a lot of details on Beers and nothing has shown any sign of mutual interest.

Weimar and Karlen have both allegedly visited, so they are obvious candidates. Gardiner allegedly has recent Instagram follows that indicate interest, so she may still be in the mix. I've seen virtually nothing on Kiki, which makes me think we may be in the race still, given the typical lack of information coming out of our program. At this point, I'll probably be a bit disappointed if we don't land 2 of those 4.

Just to add some tea leaf reading that gives me some hope on Kiki, early speculation was focused on USC or UCLA. UCLA is pretty loaded at forward, so it likely doesn't make a ton of sense. There was a Skim Milkey post a week or so ago indicating news for USC, but nothing has materialized. I'm wondering if that was a Kiki visit that didn't result in an expected commitment. Add to that our mystery visitor from earlier this week and the general radio silence and I'm cautiously optimistic in our chances.

Replies: