Yesterdays board obsession
by knuteberg (2024-04-12 17:11:47)

So how much of yesterday was really schaudenfruefe (sp?). Hoping something bad would happen to UCONN?

None from me, but nice handle... *
by knutesteen  (2024-04-12 17:43:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was gonna go with McKnute or O’Knute or Knutesky, or
by Homeboy73  (2024-04-12 19:05:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Knutellini, but I gave up…

None from me. I don't care who they have HH Liv & will win. *
by Anotherjoe  (2024-04-12 17:30:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since the spelling was wrong...
schadenfreude
"a combination of the German nouns Schaden, meaning "damage" or "harm," and Freude, meaning "joy." So it makes sense that schadenfreude means joy over some harm or misfortune suffered by another."

Mark Twain had a good quote about the German language, where
by Homeboy73  (2024-04-12 20:20:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the verb appears way at the back of the sentence. Twain said: “I once went to a play in German. I left after the second act. Before the verb.”