NDWBB's "Cone of Silence" seems to be a consistent policy
by MPG (2024-04-11 19:39:54)

based on a deference to players' wishes and a tight control of potentially distracting internal program information. This appears in several areas:

1. In traditional recruiting, the only news that seems to emerge is from the prospects themselves via social media announcements of finalists or visits. I know that some coaches leak recruiting info to trusted media. For example Vol Nation seems to know of every campus visit before the prospect even arrives.

2. In the reporting of injuries, ND had multiple players lose their ability to play this season and each one announced, or didn't announce it, in her own way and at her chosen time.

3. In the transfer portal, we cannot expect to hear much about incoming transfers until they reveal that ND is their choice or at least a finalist. Jess Shepard is the last transfer whose visit came to my attention before she arrived on campus.

So while we wait for some real news, I hope that you will enjoy the linked presentation of the original "Cone of Silence"...

Replies: