Scott Rueck got inspired how to coach OSU watching ND in
by Domerduck (2024-03-26 12:41:21)
Edited on 2024-03-26 19:10:58

the championship finals in Indianapolis in 2011. The linked article by John Canzano is worth a read to learn about Scott's background and start at OSU. I don't think this article is firewalled, but I am a subscriber to JC who does a great job doing independent Oregon, PAC12, & WCC sports reporting.

I'll be rooting for the Irish as I've done everytime either Oregon or OSU has played Notre Dame and ND is 4-0 playing in the Northwest against both Oregon schools, all games I attended wearing Irish colors. The Beavers are 0-5 against ND, but their closest 2 games were in the Eastern time zones when they lost 62-61 in South Bend in 2016 and in a Daytona Fla Thxgiving tourney 64-62 in 2022.

Still it's hard not to like Scott and his scrappy teams. He is one of the shortest CWBB coaches and that includes lots of the women coaches as it's funny watching him coach these players so much taller than him. He's a clever coach and has coached lot's of upsets. Hopefully for ND's sake the Beavs don't get hot shooting or the refs call it close.