Maddy, Nat Decisions Are Paramount ...
by dillon77 (2024-03-26 09:24:31)

In reply to: If Maddy and Marshall return, we don’t need a transfer IMO  posted by Btd

As you, MM and others have posted, we're in great shape next year if Maddy and Nat reup.

Still, Kylee is probably out all year and Becky is gone, so having one more big has to cross Niele's mind. Will Cass "move up" to more forward, less guard? Don't know.

- Maddy: The further the Irish go makes you wonder if she'll get hungrier to take the whole dang thing, like sister Kat. Or is that "good enough" and it's time to move on to the pro's? I could see her doing either.

- Nat: If the last three games have shown me anything, it's that extended playing time sure helps talented players settle in, take next steps and contribute. Nat is looking more confident and better knowing she's the Irish's center. She could have a chance to share center duties with Kate Koval and/or move out to spell (or take her the place of) Maddy at forward.

- To me, those moves dictate how many, who and what kind of player Coach Niele and her staff pursue. Plus, how is the Class of Pipeline looking? Kyle Macy? Other forwards?

Stay tuned...we'll know soon enough.

Replies: