Iowa is a very suspect 1 seed. *
by puntthepoodle (2024-03-25 22:38:27)

In reply to: Okay I don’t like Clark very much. The refs sure liked Iowa  posted by Barrister

This user did not provide content for this post

Wasn't surprised to see a close game
by IrishIowa20  (2024-03-26 09:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WVU plays the type of ball that gives this Iowa team fits. Up in your face, physical defense for 94 feet, 40 mins. See the loss to Kansas State earlier in the year. I haven't watched a ton of Colorado but I would expect them to employ something similar.

I wasn't impressed by Iowa
by Doggie  (2024-03-26 00:06:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe it was a bad game for Iowa, maybe it was just one of the matchups, maybe WV just played well but hard to see Iowa as a #1 seed after that game.

I admit to not watching a ton of WBB but that team doesn't go .500 without Clark.

Agreed because Big Ten is overrated this year
by irishfan2008  (2024-03-25 23:58:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A very average West Virginia team pushed them to the brink at home (game was tied with 2 minutes left) and they still needed the refs to bail them out.

Hawkeyes really didn't face tough competition this year besides Virginia Tech.

Iowa's best win was supposedly Ohio State and the Buckeyes lost decisively to Duke.

It's possible their shooters get hot but unless the fix is in this weekend, I think Colorado overwhelms them.

I would for ND to play Iowa in the tournament. L *
by Irishlib  (2024-03-26 12:16:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. Colorado will send them packing, I'm afraid. *
by kdh325  (2024-03-25 23:43:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Feels like last night's win was a big pressure release
by IrishIowa20  (2024-03-26 09:01:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if getting out of Iowa City will be a great thing for this team... I remember them winning a nail biter in the 2nd round last year against UGA and then letting it rip in Seattle en route to the final four. Sometimes getting away from the noise is a good thing. We shall see...

Buffs Played Them Tough Last Year, But Clark Was Good...
by dillon77  (2024-03-26 08:53:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they can borrow a bit of W. Va's strategy (force others to take the shots), I think your predication could (should?) come true.

BTW, the Buffs also beat LSU, who could pop up after that.