Took a pig from a nearby farm and kept it as our off campus pet
by SouthSideIrish (2005-11-09 01:07:25)

In reply to: your greatest campus prank?  posted by FightOnForMorrissey

We stole a pig from a nearby farm in Dubuque , Iowa (obviously I didn't go to ND) and threw it in the trunk and drove to our off-campus house . We originally intended it as a drunken joke but ended up keeping it almost 6 months in our house as a pet . We named it after the girl across the street . Our relationship was fairly strained from that point on .

I lived in a humongous house in Dubuque,Iowa but it was an absolute shit hole . In fact , it was condemned by the city a year after we all graduated . The city later sold it as low-income housing for $1 . No , I'm not kidding . This house had a room off to the side of the kitchen that we weren't using . We kept the pig in there and took food from the cafateria every night and fed it . It was a great pet and weapon because we snuck her into several house parties of people we didn't like because we knew as soon as she got around a group of people she would shit all over the place. So we'd walk in , let the pig loose , and let the owners worry about the clean up .

About 7 years after I graduated a group of us was back in Dubuque for homecoming . The house had been completely renovated by the family that bought it for $1 . We decided to knock on the door and see if they would let us see what the house looked like all fixed up . The man answered the door and we told him we had lived there years ago and asked if we could look inside . He said "You aren't the guys who had the God damn pig are ya" ? Needless to say our story had become fairly legendary in good old Dubuque , Iowa .