And you laughed???
by pmcdnd96 (2006-02-14 21:27:37)

In reply to: Great Moments in Domer Dating History  posted by DomerJD

I had the opposite of you as a date for one dance. I happened to befriend a certain female sports star during a snowball fight one winter. After talking to her a few times, I asked her to a dance. She said yes and all was good. Naturally, I drank a few beverages before going to pick her up (OK, in the interest of full disclosure, about 15 - 20 of us killed a 4 litre bottle of Carlo Rossi white zinfandel in about 10 minutes...stay classy, San Diego.) I picked her up, gave her her LaFortune flower or whatever other cheesy gift I had for her, and we went to the pre-party. I'm assuming she knew I had been drinking. At any rate, we drank a little in the pre-party and chatted. Then we went upstairs and talked to a friend of hers that was at the dance with a friend of mine...and I drank a little more. Over the years, I have tried to figure out about where my actions might have given her the wrong impression, and all I can figure out was that when I went on and on about hos comfortable the burnt orange couch was, she thought I was trying to get a little more comfortable than she wanted to get. At any rate, she turned to me and said "I just want you to know that I'm not into random hook ups." (Um...OK...we haven't been in a room with fewer than 15 people since we walked through the front door of the dorm...but whatever) So in my drunken wisdom, I retorted "Well...do you want to just go home or something, because I think you have the wrong impression of me..." And finished my drink. While I was finishing the drink, she muttered something about "gonna run upstairs to see my friend again." Yup, I was being ditched. "Where's that bottle?" I thought... and proceeded to drink until my stomach dictated that we were going first to the bathroom to worship the porcelain god, and then to pass out on the couch. I asked my friends in my section what happened and they all told me that there was nothing else to remember - I went into my room and passed out and nobody saw me until the next morning.

So the next day at the dining hall, a former roommate of mine came up to me and said "Dude, what did you do last night? I heard you were all over your date? I have a class with her and she came down to my room at like 11:00 and told me you were all over her... I told her that didn't sound like normal for you, but she was serious!" My whole table erupted in laughter. I have asked every person I saw that night if I did anything inappropriate, and every one said they never saw me do anything that could have been even considered forward. Yet in her eyes I was all over her.

A couple interesting footnotes - one, akaRonMexico went up to her in a bar a year later and said "So, has the restraining order expired yet? You know, the one you took out on pmcdnd96 when he tried to assault you last year?" And about two weeks after that, she apologized to me (and I to her in the event that I had done something to offend her) and all was forgiven. Fast forward to about a year ago when I went out with a work buddy of mine and met one of his friends...he heard I went to ND and askde "Do you know athlete X?" I chuckled and said "I have a pretty good story about her..." He responded "Oh no, you're not one of the guys who stole a pair of her underwear and then used to call her and taunt her about it, were you?" Um, no...but now I see why she might have been a little jumpy...

Replies: