Not mine... Waddy hiring Davie
by RJD (2005-11-09 01:07:25)

In reply to: your greatest campus prank?  posted by FightOnForMorrissey

The biggest prank our class ever did was electing a King for President. Or was it the cat ?

King Kersten; Uncandidate Cat was the Veep. *
by Ann Tostal  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't Kersten from Iowa? *
by Irish72  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Remember his "burning bush" speech from atop Badin?
by BigShu  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Fr. Hesburgh agreed to turn over all power to him if he'd agree to cast himself off the dorm, to be borne up by angels.

Behind eevery successful man was a .......... Oligarchy for all. *
by 47oft  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think there was an oligarchy that ran for office in '97
by Special_K  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that what you're referencing?

It may have been a replay.
by 47oft  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the spring of 72 and then again the following year Mike? Kersten ran for King, espousing an Oligarchy. He wore a robe with a Burger King crown and often had his running mate Mr Gray, a cat (pussy to finish the quote), on his shoulder. This is merely the surface of the story. It is worth a thread unto itself.

By the way, his successful campaign the next year was even more remarkable. It featured the Vote Blank strategy and slogan.

IIRC, we elected a guy as student body president, who
by ND71  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ran dressed in emperor's clothes and called homself a Pooh-bah. His VP running mate was a dog. Needless to say he won by a large margin. He resigned thus elevating the pooch to the presidency.

kersten had his miracles: one was walking on water at the
by dbcsmith  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lakes (they rigged up a set of pallets just below the water surface)he publisized the miracle ahead of time and had pictures taken walking on water and on ascension thursday in the open area across from Grace he ascended into heaven in a hot air balloon.

Also enjoyed his Mob-style bodyguards and purple robes at
by BigShu  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

home football game flag presentations. I don't think the old alums in the plaid golf pants were terribly impressed with the state of our student government.

Mob guards included Dennis Lozzi, Ed "Duke" Scales...
by RJD  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hawk Stevenson, Al Sondeij...who else ? All very big guys.

Where is Lozzi now?
by Dillon  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was a good guy - a Dillon resident and Massachusetts native. He was also on the football team. He once stuffed a drunken friend of mine into a trash barrel ( at a hall stag party, if I recall correctly).