He was fired up about officiating
by ndmd99 (2024-03-10 10:40:38)

In reply to: I was curious as to how Jackson may have been reacting  posted by wearendhockey

Refs were terrible both nights. This year, the B10 standard for a 5 or 10 penalty was much tighter (and closer to how the calls are made at the next level). Until this weekend. I'm surprised they didn't give us the 3rd major of the weekend last night.

Looked like Bjork's kneeing penalty was a phantom call.

The offside non-call was ridiculous. Appears the only view was the standard wide angle view. You can see the puck clearly cross the blue line (but the player isn't in view). The camera then follows the puck to the MI player who is a good 5-10 feet inside the blue line. It wasn't close.

It wasn't all refs. JJ's first challenge was dumb (esp w/ lack of camera angles). And that failed challenge led to delay-of-game penalty after the offside failed challenge.

This team took far too many non-hockey bonehead penalties that costs us games this year. Boltmann needlessly spraying the goalie in Fri night's loss was the classic example. Tough to win a series against any team, let alone one that has a 36% PP when you take a bunch of penalties. We have taken more unsportsmanlike and 5-10 min penalties than I care to remember this year. Yet another thing that has worsened over the past couple seasons that needs to change to turn around the program.

Missing Nelson/Silianoff, I didn't have a lot of hope for this weekend. But 5v5 I thought we matched up well this weekend (both teams ended up with 5 even strength goals). The penalties made a difference.

At least Slaggert got his 20th goal.

Replies: