17-18 schedule released (link)
by mikeybates (2017-06-21 14:33:51)
Edited on 2017-06-21 14:38:08
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I had completely forgot Sacred Heart has DI hockey *
by Boston Domer  (2017-06-22 08:44:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently ND didn't - can't believe this OOC schedule *
by NH74Domer  (2017-06-22 09:08:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's the worst schedule in major college hockey
by DakotaDomer  (2017-06-21 18:30:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Puke

I wouldn't exactly call Michigan's scintillating...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-06-25 11:38:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just for starters. Welcome to the Big Inbred Conference.

Surprised we aren't playing BC
by mikeybates  (2017-06-22 10:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assume Penn State, OSU, Minnesota and Wisconsin will be reasonably good, though. Who knows about Michigan, too.

The fact there are 0 Hockey east teams on the schedule
by DakotaDomer  (2017-06-22 15:10:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Makes me think the split wasn't as amicable as we thought

When we left the conference, they added an extra series
by Boston Domer  (2017-06-22 16:47:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scheduling a series with a year's notice is hard enough, but they also had to reduce the number of OOC commitments by two games. Next year we'll have a better idea.

When you play 8 OOC hoome games and only 2 on the road
by wearendhockey  (2017-06-21 21:19:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you're actually lucky to get half the series against decent teams. I just wish we would limit games against Atlantic Hockey or the bottom 80% of the WCHA to one home series a year. But as long as name brand programs insist on playing 20 home dates a year (at least) you gotta play teams that will come here and not expect a return trip. No way you're generally going to get teams in the ECAC, Hockey East or NCHC to agree to that.

I do know one thing, all of the football loving, big-name only recognizing local fans don't have any excuse now to stay away, at least from conference games. We've gone from a conference where they recognized 1 team (maybe 2 if you count UConn, but as a hockey school THEY don't count) to one where every night we're playing a big time, name brand school.

I like your last paragraph...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-06-25 11:40:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we'll see. Hay, when we host Michigan maybe they can just focus on the helmets and figure out who's playing Cover 2.

20 home games, including 8 out of 10 OOC games
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-06-21 16:29:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We won't play any of our former Hockey East rivals this year. The OOC schedule isn't much to speak of aside from the Denver series.

Here are the OOC games (the Big Ten conference games were announced earlier:

Fri 10/06/17 vs. Alabama-Huntsville 7:35 p.m. ET
Sat 10/07/17 vs. Alabama-Huntsville 7:05 p.m. ET
Fri 10/13/17 vs. Denver 7:35 p.m. ET
Sat 10/14/17 vs. Denver 7:05 p.m. ET
Thur 10/19/17 vs. Sacred Heart 7:35 p.m. ET*
Fri 10/20/17 vs. Sacred Heart 7:35 p.m. ET*
Thur 10/26/17 vs. Nebraska-Omaha 7:35 p.m. ET**
Fri 10/27/17 vs. Nebraska-Omaha 7:35 p.m. ET**

Fri 11/17/17 at RPI 7:05 p.m. ET
Sat 11/18/17 at RPI 7:05 p.m. ET

* -- ND hosts Southern Cal in football on Saturday night, October 21.
** -- ND hosts NC State in football on Saturday, October 28.

Thanks for pointing out the football weekends
by NDoggie78  (2017-06-22 09:02:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's the first thing I did, too (of course now everyone knows)

Also looks like Michigan might be on tap for the "Alumni Winter Weekend" - usually a hockey and basketball game in January before the students get back

I suspect Michigan's visit will coincide
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-06-24 01:39:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with the Winter Sports Weekend. However, it's currently set to start at 5:05 pm on Sunday of that weekend. That start time looks like it was set with TV in mind more than to accommodate alumni and fans visiting from out of town. ND's Sunday game at Michigan (Feb. 18) also will start at 5:05 pm.

The B1G has scheduled a number of "split" weekends
by wearendhockey  (2017-06-24 08:16:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since the league started sponsoring their hockey. Sometimes Thursday-Saturday, sometimes Friday-Sunday. For their branded network, of course.

Split weekends were common in the CCHA, but ...
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-06-27 13:41:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... they were often Friday-Saturday, and on the occasions when they were Friday-Sunday, the Sunday game was never as late as 5 pm, if I recall correctly. They weren't made-for-TV weekends, but seemed to be decisions by the schools to save on hotel expenses (assuming putting the team up at a hotel for one night exceeds the cost of an extra bus round-trip to a nearby destination).

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.