Ian Cole and Bryan Rust are fantastic f'ing hockey players.
by PeteatND (2017-05-31 22:53:15)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Ian Cole waiving off the bench to stay on the ice for the whole 5-3/4-3 PP was the kind of thing you watch hockey for.

And Rusty is now playing on the top line, alongside Crosby and Guentzel, without looking in ANY way out of place. Goddamn he's a dangerous forward.

Great to see all the top pros this program is churning out. Guys like Russo, Hinostroza, Bjork and Peterson could all be next in the pipeline, too.

And are still Penguins *
by sweeney's73  (2017-06-22 15:53:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonder if they'll bring the Cup to ND again this year?
by NDoggie78  (2017-06-13 11:35:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got to see it up close and personal at a tailgate

Cole had reportedly been playing w/ a broken hand and ribs
by strangebrew  (2017-06-12 09:24:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since "early in the Washington series".

Cole has made himself an important cog...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-06-01 13:55:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with Letang out. Almost always turns in a good, solid, mistake-free game. And having watched him for as few years, I've never figured out Pittsburgh's obsession with Maatta. His draft position and skating/shooting skills scream "first pairing" but he has always been prone to stupid/crap decision-making IMHO.

Russo and Condra - playing for the Calder Cup
by NH74Domer  (2017-06-01 08:12:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Russo rejoined the Grifs after his stint with the Red Wings. Condra is with the Crunch after shuttling between Tampa and Syracuse for most of the season. I honestly don't know how he remained so productive given the commuting he was doing between both cities because of cap and roster issues.

In watching Rust, I have to remind myself that this is only his first full year with the Pens. The biggest issue he faces now is just staying healthy as injuries have kept him off the ice for extended periods this year and last.

Both Lucia and DiPauli had similar issues this year. I don't think DiPauli played more than a handful of games after being assigned to Wilkes-Barre while Lucia missed over a month IIRC.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.