There are 20 or so guys coming back next year
by wearendhockey (2017-05-31 20:01:15)
Edited on 2017-05-31 20:01:58
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

and -- on paper at least -- another decent group of incoming freshmen. What I'd like to see is for all those guys coming back to have a chip on their shoulders and play like they're out to prove the loss of a couple of guys won't mean anything come next March, no matter what the rest of us think!

There is a core of highly capable players on the roster. Evans and Gross will be standout players in the B1G next year. Oglevie is a star in the making who went from 5 goals as a freshman to 21 as a sophomore. He could end up being better offensively than Bjork by the time he's done. I wouldn't be surprised either to Malmquist add to his offensive output.

Hopefully Jackson's goaltending decisions the last couple of years have not left a hole to big to be patched. In the past I have questioned his roster management so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Morris or St. Cyr or Sanford (those two are coming, right?) will be one of those freshman phenom goalies. We will have some experienced blue liners in front of them. Hope for the best.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.