ND vs. Hockey East- some data
by mikeybates (2017-05-24 15:06:36)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In case somebody says ND left HE because it was too tough...

ND's record vs. Hockey East teams, 2013-2017, including postseason (conference and NCAA tourney):
Team W L T
Boston College 6 5 0
Boston University 6 2 1
Connecticut 4 1 1
Maine 6 1 1
Massachusetts 9 3 0
Merrimack 5 2 1
New Hampshire 4 3 1
Northeastern 3 6 2
Providence 5 3 2
UMass-Lowell 3 9 2
Vermont 5 1 2
Totals 56 36 13

So ND's record vs. Hockey East was 56-36-13 (.595), ND's record vs. Hockey East teams not located in Lowell, MA was 53-27-11 (.643), and ND had a winning record vs. all teams other than Northeastern and UML.

Damn Lowell and Northeastern *
by dakotadomer  (2017-05-25 23:56:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now I'm starting to see why those dinks didn't like us. *
by cbo86  (2017-05-24 23:22:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not across the board....
by BIGSKYND  (2017-05-25 13:45:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and some of it was a travel issue - as it was on our end. You can figure out the schools that don't travel as much - plus one that's a bit surprising because they're astonishingly cheap. And don't assume we're joining a big friendly family. We'll be in with dicks - I mean dinks - such as tOSU, Ped State, and the biggest of all in "A Squared". I'd also take account of North Dakota's long experience with Gopher Nation before getting all cozy with them.

Agreed that we're in for a different brand of hate in Big 10
by cbo86  (2017-05-26 13:49:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope our program trajectory will make their hate a minor nuisance.

Agree - and I'd like to wipe the floor with Michigan..
by BIGSKYND  (2017-05-26 15:19:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do think this conference desperately needs an 8th. That schedule spells "incest".

Agree on 8. Is there enough locally to get to 10? Miami
by cbo86  (2017-05-26 15:35:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ohio, Bowling Green, Western Michigan?

If only we had a conference of B1G schools,
by shea  (2017-05-31 13:09:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

their little brothers, and Notre Dame...

Oh wait, that's the CCHA.

The obvious choices are in the NCHC...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-05-27 11:06:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

North Dakota, Duluth, Miami, or UNO. Word that keeps floating around is that Minnesota would like Nortn Dakota and not Duluth. tOSU and the conference probably wouldn't want Miami as an "affiliate" given its MAC setup. Dakota, Duluth, and UNO don't have that "baggage".

So it seems locally is not the place to look. *
by Cbo86  (2017-05-27 12:28:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My opinion FWIW (which may not be much)...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-05-28 11:02:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I don't see them bringing in a MAC school or one of the WCHA "mid-majors". Overall the current WCHA doesn't look much different from Atlantic Hockey.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.