More Bjork speculation
by Boston Domer (2017-04-23 19:46:41)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

The more this drags out, the more promising this is for ND. The NHL's announcement that it would not participate in the Olympics must have thrown a wrench in the Bruins plans. Every writer who covers the team expected a deal to be done right away. I guess a gold medal and a national championship is enough of a carrot to make it a hard choice.

Well, the B's season is over, so they've nothing else to do. *
by SavageDragon  (2017-04-24 11:03:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If there are no early departures
by wearendhockey  (2017-04-23 20:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the 2017-18 edition of Notre Dame hockey would likely be a pre-season FF favorite and I could imagine some would be picking the Irish to be the favorite to win it all. Accepting that there is a fair bit of luck that goes into playing well enough over 2 specific weekends of hockey as well as this program's historyo f living up to the loftiest of expectations, this team would clearly be good enough to walk away with a national title.

Whatever any of these players do, I can't fault them. They've come here and given a ton to the program and the school. Selfishly though I just hope the allure of winning an NCAA championship still means as much to a college hockey player today as it did in the past.

I really do think these guys could do it here if everyone comes back.

It would certainly go a long way to eliminating the bad
by other_guy  (2017-04-23 22:07:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

aftertaste of April 6th . . .

Don't get my hopes up...that would be too awesome
by mikeybates  (2017-04-23 19:57:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus it would increase the odds that we beat down on Michigan next year. Dare to dream...

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.