Frozen Four to Detroit in 2020. *
by other_guy (2017-04-18 15:20:13)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

doubt I'll attend one again...
by DavidAddison  (2017-04-21 11:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I live in the Chicago area so made sure to go this time given ND made it.

I get why they do it, but tix are sold as a 3-game package and are pretty expensive ($280 in my case). More of my family wanted to go but I wouldn't buy 3-game tickets for what might've been (and ended up being) 1 ND game. To make matters worse, the tickets were hardcopy only, making them very difficult to resell (which I found rich, given the scoreboard promoted an NCAA-owned ticket resale site).

So, a) several family members didn't get to attend the ND semi-final, even though they wanted to, b) when ND lost it was tough for a suburbanite to resell his ticket to the final, and c) if ND had made the final it would've been tough to buy tix for the rest of the family given they were not e-tickets.

All that said I was surprised how many college hockey fans go even though their team didn't make it. North Dakota seemed to have nearly an entire section.

I ended up paying $65 per ticket for the semis - total
by DakotaDomer  (2017-04-21 21:20:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not trying to make you feel bad but I'm pointing out that even with attendance as good as it was (really impressive given the 4 teams) there's still ways to make it affordable.

PS- North Dakotans are weird - I would never go to a FF without ND or UND to cheer for

Impossible with my constraints *
by DavidAddison  (2017-04-22 06:44:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's a substantial fanbase that goes every year.
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-04-21 19:16:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure exactly how big it is; probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 people. I call it a bit of a college hockey convention. I've been going every year since 2001; if ND (or NU) should make it, that's a bonus.

Welcome to Allentown PA for Midwest regional 18,19
by BeatPS0607  (2017-04-19 11:48:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

9000 seat PPL Center - penn State host school. Would love to meet you!

Good chance I will be heading up for those.
by Irish Tool  (2017-04-19 16:16:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always love a good excuse to head up to the Lehigh Valley.

Then Buffalo, Boston, and Pittsburgh. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-04-18 18:20:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The order will be Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Boston
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-04-19 00:21:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from 2019-2022. The 2018 Frozen Four earlier had been awarded to St. Paul.

Will the NCAA have the gall to call the regional in Allentown the "Midwest"? That's west of New Jersey and basically nothing else.

Ugh, Ugh, OK, Good.
by ndchaos  (2017-04-19 17:28:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was still hoping that someone from the West would oust detroit.

Also west of Easton! *
by Irish Tool  (2017-04-19 16:17:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a lot of variety in the "western" regionals
by DakotaDomer  (2017-04-18 21:59:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allentown, PA is hosting the Midwest regional in 18 and 19
UND is hosting the Western regional in 15, 17, 18, and 19 in Fargo, fargo, Sioux Falls, and fargo

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.