I think we'll agree to disagree on this one
by wearendhockey (2017-04-07 14:23:57)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Jackson making a big deal of the bright lights issue  posted by mikeybates

Bjork so much has said the Irish were in awe when he was quotes as saying "we got caught up in the moment there." I think that Jackson emphasized it to such an extent, both with the team following the loss to UML in Boston, and then literally at every press event after that game, in Boston, in Manchester, in South Bend and again in Chicago, that his team got a message delivered that Jackson did not intend.

To be sure, most of last night was a great team playing their best hockey of a long season. We could have been poised and lost the game by a couple of goals the way DU played. But even in falling down 2-0 to Minnesota, a pretty good team in their own right, we did not look like we were in awe of the moment. And that particular moment was not awe inspiring. A small crowd in a midsized arena with at least 3/4 of the college hockey world focused somewhere else.

He was right to worry about it, but I do think he exacerbated it instead of ameliorating it.

I agree totally about the consistency. We will turn consistent participation in the NCAA tourney into a title.

As for York, yeah he's had a couple of blowouts. The CC game in 2011 was a shocker, but he was coming off a title the year before where they won in one of the more overwhelming FF performances I have ever seen, and BC has 4 titles so far in the 2000s. I don't like comparing my program to BCs in any ways, good or bad.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.