My problem...
by Hunt (2017-03-20 13:35:48)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I'm fine with Manchester - just looking at it...  posted by BIGSKYND

My issue is not how they did the brackets this year. Or last year. Or two years ago. Or five years ago.

Within each year, the general idea has made sense. This year they stuck almost completely to bracket integrity...how can you argue with that in a championship tournament? My issue, however, is that in previous recent years, this was not the same approach taken. Attendance (or "atmosphere") was a major consideration in shifting around matchups. I'm OK with that, also...it also makes sense to want to have your championship tournament played in front of large, loud, fun, caring crowds, and that isn't easy for a niche sport like college hockey. And a few years before that, it was bracket integrity as the priority.

In the end, I'm pretty OK with whatever they decide as the priority in bracket integrity vs. atmosphere. But I just would like they make up their mind, generally stick to the same philosophy, and let us know in advance when that philosophy is going to change.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.