Manchester *
by ndchaos (2017-03-19 12:05:16)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

By the sea. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2017-03-20 08:46:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Glad we squeezed in....Let's show some life.... *
by Wolfetone  (2017-03-19 12:53:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we get past the Gofes and form holds for UML...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-03-19 13:01:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we need to screw with their NZ blueprint for our E-W stuff. I was begging for some dump and chase in that first period the other night.

They might want to start giving away seats in Cincy *
by BIGSKYND  (2017-03-19 12:14:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Committe made hardly any swaps
by wearendhockey  (2017-03-19 13:20:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the one they did make, Cornell for Air Force, is a bit odd. I would have thought they would put OSU into Cincinnati even if it meant moving the UMD regional there. They claim to seed the field assuming the higher seed wins, so the thinking is they don't "expect" North Dakota to win, so the overall #1 seed Denver would not have to face a "home" team to win a second round game. You could have easily figured out a way to have both WMU and OSU in Ohio. WMU fans have shown a willingness to travel. They had great crowds at the Joe in Detroit for some CCHA tourneys or Great Lakes games. While that is half the trip Cincinnati is, it might have been worth it to flip a few teams around.

Michigan Tech fans at least did not have to spend a lot watching their team in the conference tourney since the WCHA moved everything to campus sites, so perhaps they'll spend some cash to get to Ohio. DU fans do not travel well at all. I don't know about Union fans, but its a small school without a ton of alums and only recently became a factor in NCAA hockey.

UMass Lowell might be the only team to bring a lot of fans to Manchester. Ithaca is 350 miles away and Notre Dame will have their typical east coast contingent, and Minn has fans, but do they travel all the way to New Hampshire? Having PC and Harvard in Providence will assure a good crowd Friday, but half of them will be gone for Saturday, and WMU and Air Force are not going to have a ton of fans there. It looks like Fargo will be packed Friday but if BU wins Friday they better hope the Duluth wins and their fans buy tickets from Sioux fans. A BU OSU final will be lucky to draw flies.

Once tOSU was in I figured for certain ...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-03-19 15:26:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they'd get Cincy

Against Minnesota *
by garbageplate  (2017-03-19 12:13:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven;t seen them much this year...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-03-19 13:02:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

any thoughts?

Ditto- I haven't seen them either
by garbageplate  (2017-03-20 09:58:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They had the Big Ten POY (Tyler Sheehy) and two time Big Ten Goaltender of the Year (Eric Schierhorn). Looks like they're coming off a long overtime game in the Big Ten Tournament, but I'm sure they'll be rested and ready to go.

If we win, I hope we see Cornell in the next round. I want no part of Lowell again.

I guess I know where I am on Saturday...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-03-19 12:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if you're superstitious we done pretty okay last time up there.

Close to home ND struggles
by wearendhockey  (2017-03-19 13:25:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Far away they do quite well. 4-0 in distant regionals (2008 and 2011) and 1-6 in regionals that are within 7 hours or so of South Bend.

Also they are 1-4 in regional play when they earn a 1 or 2 seed, but 4-2 when they are a 3 or 4 seed. (this doesn't include the FF games)

Remember those games well. Merrimack was
by NH74Domer  (2017-03-19 13:03:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the class of HE that season. Stands were filled with their fans and those from UNH fully expecting an all HE final, particularly after Miami got knocked off in the opening round.

Our team was loaded: Lee, Tynan, Johns, Riddewall, Rust and Sheahan with Lavin as a captain.

I was in perfect position to see Anders' slopper..
by BIGSKYND  (2017-03-19 13:36:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

worked for me. I hope that garage down the street has figured out prepay.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.