I agree with the comments about not finding a perfect fit
by wearendhockey (2017-03-18 11:06:53)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I think we had a great run in the league  posted by mikeybates

post-CCHA but I think it's very true we did not fit with Hockey East and were unwelcome there.

I think the schools all had one legitimate beef in that the travel to South Bend was unlike anything they had experienced regularly for HE games. But we faced a juvenile baptism by fire for the first two years in the league as far as officiating goes and the league, the individual schools and certainly the fans did not seem to understand what having a brand like Notre Dame in their league meant as far as any sort of "bigger picture."

The B1G will not be a perfect fit either, but as much as it pains me to say it it will probably be a better fit. We're playing schools both the program and the fans are familiar with and the travel situation has equalized. No casual fan around here gave a crap about a single team in Hockey East not named Boston College, and as much as I hate Michigan, the CFIA was always buzzing (much like the JACC) when UM came to town.

Hopefully our first game in the B1G will be preceded by a banner unveiling. That will make our entry into yet another new league a lot more fun to work with.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.