Heroic goaltending in the shootout. Shootout shutout!
by SavageDragon (2017-01-05 23:21:55)
Edited on 2017-01-05 23:24:03
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Lefty's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Oh, right, and Troy Terry doing his best TJ Oshie impersonation on the other end.

And that is why I love this sport!
by JSDomer  (2017-01-06 10:21:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean come on, shootout wins in the semi-final AND final. Hockey on TV can't realistically portray the speed and toughness it takes to play this sport, but if you can't enjoy a game like last night, head to the bowling alley.

That was my least favourite aspect of the whole tourney
by StillaLeafsFan  (2017-01-06 12:17:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

These games shouldn't be decided in a skills competition thrown in at the end. Maybe it's impractical to get rid of the shootout in the semis and before, but there's no good reason to have a shootout in the final.

Congrats to Team USA.

There's a very good reason
by DakotaDomer  (2017-01-06 17:14:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

These kids are in season on loan from their typical clubs. 5 20 minute OTs is going to severely hamper their ability to play and put them at a very high injury risk.

Shootouts are a necessary evil for the players and a billion times better than soccer PKs.

Still wish they would go 2 OTs in the final before going to SO.

Hey Didi, mark your clock for 3:15 to call your doctor. *
by SavageDragon  (2017-01-05 23:30:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No need, Terry is a Pioneer
by DakotaDomer  (2017-01-05 23:31:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm too scared to be that excited

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.