Anders Lee signs with the Islanders (link)
by Vermin96 (2013-04-01 10:23:10)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jackson's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Best of luck to him
by Boston Domer  (2013-04-01 17:49:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps Jackson should be less aggressive about stashing commits in junior hockey for longer than necessary? Remember if it weren't for Palmieri and Tinordi's early departures, Tynan and Lind would have each spent an additional season in the USHL.

Congrats and good luck, AL *
by David Rivers  (2013-04-01 11:17:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . thanks, and good luck with the Isles . . . *
by other_guy  (2013-04-01 11:14:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hindsight is 20/20
by wearendhockey  (2013-04-01 10:57:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but Lee's demeanor after the game left me feeling he was going to leave, and I told my sister (JJFP) that Saturday night. Watching him in the post game press conference further fed my feeling he was gone.

He should have waited a day.
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-04-01 10:52:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then I wouldn't have had to wonder if the story was legit.

How many hockey players have left ND the last few years? *
by thethinman  (2013-04-01 19:52:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Off the top of my head under Jackson around a dozen..
by wearendhockey  (2013-04-01 20:57:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A couple, Luke Lucyk and Garrett Peterson, have left for a bit and returned. Some left for pro contracts, some "left" before playing at all, and some just left.

He should have waited a year.
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-04-01 10:58:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then he could have played for a decent organization.

That team has a very bright future *
by bronxirish  (2013-04-01 12:26:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Visnovsky just gave us a nice vote of confidence
by shea  (2013-04-02 21:32:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by signing for two years despite initially refusing to even report to Long Island. I'm not in love with Mr. Wang but I do like the direction of the team. Hopefully they'll have some money to throw at it when/before they move to Brooklyn.

And don't knock snow. He's 500x the GM that Mike Milbury was.

Getting Nabokov to report and then re-sign was a boon, too
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-04-02 22:58:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Up until that you basically had DiPietro, right?...who obviously you don't want to lean on.
He'd probably break his collarbone.

It's a shame what's happened to Rick DiPietro
by shea  (2013-04-03 20:54:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Despite being overvalued as the #1 overall pick in 2000 (see: Marian Gaborik, Dany Heatly), and not THAT much better than the then-up-and-coming Roberto Luongo, he was still really good before the constant injuries took everything away.

DiPietro is in Bridgeport now, with Kevin Poulin (22) and Nabby keeping goal on Long Island.

Getting Nabby to report was huge, though you hear players say all the time that they like living on Long Island. I just wonder what they'll be able to do to the Barclays Center to make it more suitable for hockey before the big move. And whether they'll spend major league $ there.

How so?
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-04-01 13:43:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Edmonton Oilers East.

Yeah - they're actually doing okay this year.....
by BIGSKYND  (2013-04-01 14:43:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but even then they're not exactly cruising to a post-season berth. They still have D and G issues and are thin in real F depth. Then there's Mr. Wang and Mr. Snow. That said, I see no downside to Lee signing now if he's ready. And as a lower-round pick, he could easily get moved by the Isles for something else down the road. If he shows a lot of promise, it's a roster he could crack.

I think most players benefit from some time in the minors
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-04-02 12:05:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are exceptions to that, and maybe he is one of them.
When you have a team that is as thin as the Isle are for talent, you don't have the luxury of leaving guys in the American League for development. I think that could be even more important in a year like this where there is very little practice time in the NHL.

I don't disagree - in fact, I meant that he could crack...
by BIGSKYND  (2013-04-02 16:47:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the roster after adjusting to the pro game. As we know, Kreider's been up and down this year between NYR and Connecticut. And he was a 1 R pick....

They have arguably a top 5 player who is 22 years old,,
by bronxirish  (2013-04-01 18:42:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a young winger who has scored 30 plus goals 3 years in a row, one of the best young defensive forwards in the game and a ton of talent on the way up. Add that to the fact thet are about to move to Brooklyn and they have a bright future.

Also I'm not in love with Garth Snow but he did pick up Molson, Grabner and a number of other productive players for basically nothing.

According to the article, he only needed to wait 30 days. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-04-01 11:21:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess he wants to play in the big leagues now
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-04-01 12:14:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll reserve judgement on whether or not that's a sound long term idea.

Who is the Isle's AHL affiliate? *
by Hipster  (2013-04-01 13:10:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bridgeport *
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-04-01 13:11:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Talk about incentive to play hard
by Hipster  (2013-04-02 20:53:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bridgeport would do it

Best of luck to him *
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-04-01 10:25:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Islanders are much better with him on the roster
by DakotaDomer  (2013-04-01 10:40:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Particularly if they eliminated Joe Finley from it.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.