NCAA Hockey Playoffs are a Joke
by zahm82 (2013-03-30 19:31:59)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jackson's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

The NCAA needs to blow-up the hockey playoffs and start over. Your whole body of work during the season becomes meaningless. Look at the Minnesota Gophers who were #1 or 2 all year who get rewarded to play in front of 2000 people and quickly lose. We would have been much better off losing to Michigan and getting to play Denver instead of St Cloud State. They should give the four #1 seeds home ice for the first round, at least they'd have much better attendance and reward a team for 4 months of work. If they keep the Pairwise, they ought to just use it for qualifying for the tournament and let the committee create the seeds. Still no excuse for our piss-poor performance today

Union leading BC 3 - 0 in 2nd
by David Rivers  (2013-03-30 22:15:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Melrose on Milner on Union's 3rd goal - "that's a save any 12 year old goalie makes". Nice.

Alot of big names falling - MN, UND, ND, potentially BC.

Union beat BC 5-1 -- Quinnipiac is the only 1 seed left *
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-03-30 23:47:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and UMass-Lowell *
by gond79  (2013-03-31 00:43:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

duh, my bad -- BC was a 2 seed *
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-03-31 01:09:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Denver and St. Cloud are pretty much even.
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-03-30 21:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've got a better idea, why don't we play the same way we played against Ohio State and Michigan when we won by outworking them?

I'm not even a hockey expert but it was evident how much
by cbo86  (2013-03-31 08:15:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

harder we worked and how fundamentally strong we were last week. Yesterday we were chasing these guys and looked totally undiscipliined.

Yale is in the Frozen Four
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-03-30 20:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Enough said.

They should have the Rounds of 16 and 8 at campus sites, best 2 of 3. They wouldn't even need to move the Frozen Four, except I'd flip it from Thursday-Saturday to Saturday-Monday.

Without ND Yale doesn't make the tournament, now F4- wow! *
by DOMERDUCK  (2013-03-30 21:47:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know why it isn't best 2 out of 3.
by JHND  (2013-03-30 20:25:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That wouldn't be hard to do.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.