So Johns and Lee take the 3-year hike?....
by BIGSKYND (2013-03-30 16:10:51)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jackson's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

anybody else taking off early?

FWIW Ken Morrow told me they are not pushing Lee
by wearendhockey  (2013-03-31 01:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at this time and claim to be leaving him to his own thoughts about staying or leaving. While it didn't seem like a reflexive reply to what I imagine is a frequently asked question when I spoke to him in Detroit, what else is the guy going to say...?

I think the only way Johns leaves is if the Blackhawks organization think the regression in his mental game is terminal with the coaching he is getting and want him out of there before further damage is done (sort of what the Isles said when the poached Kyle Okposo from Lucia and Minnesota).

Tynan has seen his production regress each year scoring barely half what he did as a freshman. I don't think he's on the Blue Jackets radar at all as far as getting him to jump.

I'm not sure it's how they see the coaching - to me,....
by BIGSKYND  (2013-04-01 09:34:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's more likely that Johns just isn't a great fit for the college game at this point.

I think the Isles made a hard play for Lee last year
by Pat85  (2013-03-31 11:28:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

perhaps/hopefully they are taking a different approach this year.

I think we will lose some of the other underclass guys even if they don't have a big push, and maybe that will be good for team chemistry.

I think there is a chance Lee stays
by Pat85  (2013-03-30 22:23:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Isles went at him hard last year and he stayed. I am sure they will again this year, but I think they would want him to jump now and he is is getting close to a degree with this semester and summer school. I would guess he stays especially if Tynan and others stay with him. I would bet on Johns being gone.

Just sitting here wondering the same thing
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-03-30 16:18:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hold out longer, Anders!

Who knows - and Tynan seems to have definitely....
by BIGSKYND  (2013-03-30 16:22:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

regressed. No idea how Columbus views him at this point. Rust may have done enough recently to make the move.

If Tynan was property of a decent team, I'd say for certain
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-03-30 16:28:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he isn't leaving. His lukewarm season and his size being the biggest factors. HOWEVER, since Columbus couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, WHO KNOWS.
Rust has had an excellent year and the Pens don't need him, but may want to work him into the fold for grooming.
Hoping against all odds that Anders wants to work his way out of his contract with the Isles. Not the good Minnesota boy thing to do, but...
And Johns will fit right in, in Rockford.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.