OK, moving forward: We could be a 1-seed? Home ice? I
by 1NDGal (2013-03-24 16:54:15)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Jackson's Rink ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

need DiDi and youse smaht guys to help me out heah.

We will be a #1 seed, probably in Toledo vs. SCSU. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-03-24 16:57:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sure hope that's the case! 10 minutes from my house! *
by beaknd  (2013-03-24 17:31:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do they send Miami (only other CCHA) to Toledo as #5...
by Hickster  (2013-03-24 17:23:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or will they send them elsewhere. For the 2 seed, if Miami goes elsewhere, then that means BC to Toledo as the 2 seed and probably Union as the 3 Seed.

Would they not want to put both CCHA teams in the same Regional if the CCHA has only 2 teams...or does PWR integrity override that consideration.

Just as long as we stay away from Grand Rapids as the #1 seed...bad juju...I'll be happy.

Bracket integrity says they do.
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-03-24 17:37:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the NCAA has seemed to place a fairly high value on bracket integrity in recent years.

The only alternative I could see is leaving Miami in Toledo and putting ND in Grand Rapids. That might be better for attendance, but the NCAA hasn't fallen all over themselves to fix attendance issues. They'll take low-hanging fruit, but I don't recall them really shaking up the bracket for it.

Hard to figure what they'll do anymore from year to year
by wearendhockey  (2013-03-24 22:58:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

According to Wodon, attendance played a part in what they were thinking this time around:

Yep, no question they change priorities year-to-year.
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-03-25 19:00:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For all of that, though, the only change that was made completely gratuitously was swapping Union and MSU-M. What they did about putting UNH into Manchester was by choice, but it worked in favor of both improved attendance and reduced travel (which, one thinks, has to be a consideration as it can't be cheap for the NCAA to pay for a hockey team and party to fly).

To get from the natural bracket to the actual one:
Swap 9 Denver with 10 Niagara to avoid a first-round intra-WCHA matchup between UND and Denver
Swap 11 MSU-M with 12 Union presumably for travel reasons
Rotate the BC, UNH, and UND pairings to put UNH in Manchester (as required) and BC in Providence (as favored for attendance and travel reasons).

As much as I'd like to see them here, I have bad memories of
by graNDfan  (2013-03-24 17:57:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Past visits. Toledo is ok if we can get a feed....

Yes, Miami would most likely also be in Toledo.
by SavageDragon  (2013-03-24 17:36:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is no concern about splitting up conference bids, other than that they should not meet in the first round. Miami and ND from the CCHA may well end up in the same region; as could Yale and Union from the ECAC, though that's less likely.

And that's a Saturday-Sunday location, so more rest for us *
by ShermanOaksND  (2013-03-24 17:09:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can dig it *
by StillaLeafsFan  (2013-03-24 17:08:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.