We discussed this Saturday night but limited it
by ShermanOaksND (2015-12-02 23:14:39)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I wonder how much OT games skew college football stats?  posted by Pat85

to games in which ND scored at least 36 in regulation. The only game on GK's list that would be deleted in that sample is Navy 2007 (28-28 regulation). MSU 2005 was 38-38 regulation, NW 2014 was 40-40.

I don't like the college OT format, either. I would exclude OT points from ppg stats and the like, and I also would ditch this format in favor of the NFL's current setup.

Thanks! Any idea how regulation scoring has changed
by Pat85  (2015-12-02 23:47:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

over the last 10-20 years? It just seems the way the game is played has changed significantly, and that average scores have gone up considerably. I don't have the data to back that up, nor do I know how to compare only regulation scores over the years pre and post OT.

That's my definite sense, although I'm most familiar
by ShermanOaksND  (2015-12-03 13:42:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with ND's data, which seem to show a decided increase in total ppg.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.