Polian used to take a lot of crap on this board.
by tusk (2014-12-05 13:47:05)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I'm pretty convinced that Polian is going to keep moving up  posted by irishrock

Or at least he did from certain posters (I think we all know who at least some of them are) who thought that he was so incompetent that Weis must have kept him on his staff to maintain a relationship with Polian's father. I always thought the criticsm (or at least the extreme criticism) was unfair for a couple reasons. First, a fish rots from the head. Often, otherwise good assistant coaches look bad because of a bad head coach; it was difficult to evaluate how good Weis's assistants were given Weis's own deficiencies, and as someone pointed out yesterday, some aasistants who didn't look so good under Davie did a pretty good job under Meyer. Second, even if Polian wasn't a very good coach, he was a good recruiter (think, for example, Manti), which may very well have been reason enough to keep him on the staff (or, at least, a reason that was not nepotism). Anyhow, it's good to hear that Polian is doing well.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.