So 2012 is now "smoke & mirrors" like 2002. Too funny.
by rockmcd (2014-12-05 13:16:46)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Remember how BC handled Jagosinsk i(sp) flirting?  posted by baydog

If that's true, then you are calling out a whole lot of posters on this board who swore that this undefeated run was different. There seemed to be universal agreement on that point.

I don't know how you can have it both ways. If we were all just a bunch of gullible sheep then, what makes us so wise now?

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a coach credit for his successes while criticizing his failings. It's disingenuous for people to give credit to everything except the HC for 2009 and 2012 (Big East doesn't count, weak schedule, lucky breaks, credit belonged to the defense, not the offensive minded HC, yada yada yada), while giving blame to nobody but the HC this year. Just be consistent.

Why is it so painful to say that Kelly did a great coaching job in 2009 and 2012, but a shitty job in the other years, therefore deserves to be on the hotseat heading into 2015? If every 3rd year seems to be his thing then we'll all be pleasantly surprised. If not, then we'll have a new coach.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.