More reason why this post is relevant.
by NDMike2001 (2014-12-05 12:43:34)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I agree. However, Alford aside, as he will be a loss for the  posted by Jurassic

Kelly hand-wringing aside, Alford (or his replacement) could very well be the coach that ND retains to hold down the fort until Kelly's replacement is retained. After all, that is exactly what Alford did when Kelly was hired.

Swarbrick is serving as a reference for Alford. Good for him. I want nothing but the best for that man who has represented himself and ND with class every year he has coached here. At the same time, this is as important a hire for Swarbrick as it is Kelly. Is he the kind of AD that gives Kelly the leeway to hire as he desires, or does he interject himself in the process? Does he demand that Kelly hire a well qualified recruiting coordinator or have him focus on an OC?

To your point, I think that Bobby Elliott would be the kind of coach that could be retained during a coaching turnover and mesh well with a new staff. That's just speculation though. Maybe Kerry Cooks.

To the original point, I think that we can have a pretty decent discussion about Alford's replacement and consider any number of facts that are relevant that have nothing to do with anyone's desire or belief about Kelly the long-term solution for ND.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.