If you are hell-bent on your tangent...
by NDMike2001 (2014-12-05 11:51:34)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: The end product will be what it will be under Kelly.  posted by Jurassic

Then fine, let's talk about Kelly.

For the most part I agree with your post. I think we know who Kelly is, and we know that he won't change. With one caveat. Kelly is an arrogant and stubborn dictator. But beyond that he is an ambitious politician that doesn't particularly care what's best for Notre Dame. He does care what's best about Brian Kelly. Therefore, he may ultimately come to the realization that it will be in his best interests to hire a qualified OC so that he can get the Kelly train back on track for the NFL. Thus, I hold out hope that Kelly will make the rational decision, because it's ultimately in his best interests. With a good season next year I'm sure he'd love to see himself replace Tom Coughlin or Jay Gruden...or maybe Jim Caldwell or Rex Ryan.

So there you have it. A discussion about Kelly.

As to the benefits of Alford and his replacement. Well, just look at the situation in 2009. Weis was a lame duck when he hired Alford. I'm glad that he did. It was one of his best hires, and I think Notre Dame has been better for having Tony Alford part of the program.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.