I'll say this about Jenkins and Swarbrick...........
by Ty Webb (2014-12-01 08:48:15)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: This isn't really about Kelly anymore. Or even Swarbrick  posted by Hanratty5ND

People are lumping them in with the shitfest that was the Davie/Willingham/Weis era and I think that's unfair.

Yes, Kelly appears to be fizzling out but when hired, from the outside, it wasn't viewed as some head scratching hire. There were a lot of people that thought he was the next big thing (and I mean people outside of the ND circle).

Davie was a head scratcher. Willingham was a head scratcher. Weis was a head scratcher. Very few people outside the ND world thought we did great in those hires other than some for Willingham........ and that was simply because he was an African American, not that he was a great coach.

That doesn't mean I think Jenkins and Swarbrick can definitely fix this. But I don't think their problems and issues are quite the same that we had to deal with under Malloy and Wadsworth/White.

I could be wrong though.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.