I wish. Volunteering for three years did pay off senior
by Moff (2024-04-15 19:48:44)
Edited on 2024-04-15 19:54:20

In reply to: Weren’t you a “walk-on” 😉 *  posted by LAW83

year with a 75 percent scholarship, so I had that going for me, which was nice. Every once in a while I got to pretend to be a walkon, playing QB, WR or CB (or just extra weight on the two man sled) during position drills while the walkons were otherwise engaged with their own position coaches

Im Jealous
by Leahy  (2024-04-16 12:21:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I want to be you.
It must have been awesome to do what you did at ND

You and Johnny Lattner have something in common.
by Moff  (2024-04-16 14:33:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I met him at a book signing at The Bookstore. I mentioned I was a senior manager under Lou. Johnny was like, "Wow! That must have been something working for him!" and was gnuinely enthusiastic about it and ask some questions. I thought to myself "Wow! that must have been something to PLAY for FRANK LEAHY, and win the Heisman, etc....." What a great guy, and you are cut from the same cloth. I hope Heaven involves ongoing ND Football practices in the sky. I'd love to work for your Dad (and his coach too). :)