Bob Burger, MD, former ND G, Class of '81, walked on in '77
by RocketShark (2024-04-10 02:53:56)

In reply to: And he wants to practice medicine. Holy smokes.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

Incredibly nice fellow. Last I saw he was chief physician at Xavier for athletics. Times may have changed but if Cadet Rullo needed advice or inspiration, he couldn't find a better Notre Dame man than Dr. Burger.

I believe he started at guard. *
by rick  (2024-04-10 12:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did. My sister (‘81) was friends with him. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-10 18:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amazing that he majored in Chemical Engineering. I majored i
by OldIrishFan  (2024-04-10 11:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In Microbiology and went on to medical school. Chemical Engineering probably was the toughest major at ND. His two sons went on to play football in college. One at Ohio State and one at ND. Notre Dame had multiple players that went on to medical and dental school in those days. John Leon, Dave Vinson, Joe Restic, and Ken MacAfee to name a few in addition to Bob Burger.