don't get me started
by jt (2024-04-08 17:07:45)
Edited on 2024-04-08 17:11:34

In reply to: Also Jason Heyward in baseball and Michael Oher.  posted by tenndomer

Ok, I'll start.

Tom Brady (baseball and football), Eric Byrnes (in football, he was actually really good and his team was unbelievable), Jason Kidd (unbelievable), Pat Burrell, Amani Toomer.

I'm pretty sure that there's a few more, but my memory escapes me beyond that. The best/most dynamic athlete I ever competed against and/or saw up close and personal was a guy named Demitrius "hook" Mitchell. This guy was unbelievable--he would hold his own slam dunk contests in the park to raise money and he'd jump over cars, trucks (saw him do a 360 over a truck), people, desks stacked up, and all kinds of obstacles. This was around 1992-93, so before all the really crazy dunk stuff (besides MJ and Wilkins) took off. He was only about 5-10 but he could touch the top of the backboard and was just explosive. He got a lot of shots to make it, but he just didn't like school and he got messed up with some bad guys. I've linked a preview of a documentary they did a while back, but there is even more info out there for anyone interested in checking.

Replies: