Feel free to pelt me with empties, because what I'm about
by krudler (2024-04-08 16:10:36)
Edited on 2024-04-08 16:11:41

In reply to: No  posted by mocopdx

to say can't really be backed up by facts or empirical data. But one change I have seen (usually) is that the Freeman teams don't seem to have that "deer-in-headlights" look for big games that we often saw with Kelly (although I'll admit Freeman has had that look a few times). I despise moral victories, and thought Freeman and crew did a shitty job during the end of the Ohio State game, but that was a huge game, at night, on national television, and with a few exceptions those were the types of games for which Kelly would come out and not have the team prepared. We'd go down a score or two, and Kelly would panic and scrap whatever shit gameplan he put together, and the results would be an even worse loss. That didn't happen with OSU or USC, we came out and had a solid gameplan that we stuck to until we blew the ending with boneheaded coaching moves. But I never felt that the team looked unprepared or didn't belong in the game, which was a feeling I had often with Kelly. Maybe previews of that cultural shift, but still more to prove.

Again, pelt me with empties because this is one of the more fluffy posts I usually try to avoid making, but at least a feeling I got last year.