Swarbrick did NOT push for more support for Freeman in how
by VaDblDmr (2024-04-05 17:37:51)

In reply to: Events are conspiring for ND  posted by SEE

he handled the Andy Ludwig situation. Quite the opposite. That said, I suspect green-lighting the required money to hire Denbrock may have been Swarbrick's own attempt to cover his tracks on the way out.

I don't think it's a stretch to believe that the Denbrock hire will make or break Freeman's tenure.

Andy Ludwig
by jamnd74  (2024-04-06 15:06:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was mot the right guy to be our OC. I think he was using the ND situation to get a better deal at Utah. It’s easy to think ND screwed-up but none of us really know the truth as to what happened.
We can speculate but that’s not fair to Freeman, Ludwig or Swarbrick. If we had Ludwig we miss out on Denbrock.

This has been covered repeatedly in numerous fora. Swarbrick
by VaDblDmr  (2024-04-06 15:33:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

screwed the hire up, evidently because of a mistake by one of his subordinates whom I won't name (but you can find it if you look). Not even the homer beat writers tried to assert otherwise. At best, you'd see euphemisms like "confusing" or "puzzling" or "unfortunate," and the like. Simple as that. It was keystone cops all the way down.

And the Denbrock hire, whether good or bad, and I'm ambivalent at best, does not address my response to SEE, which is that last year Swarbrick did NOT meaningfully support Freeman when Freeman needed it. That point is wholly independent of whether Ludwig would have been better or worse than Denbrock.

And then Denbrock *
by SEE  (2024-04-05 19:27:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right, as I wrote in my post, that was JS' attempt to
by VaDblDmr  (2024-04-05 19:30:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

whitewash what he did re Ludwig.

Yes, but the Denbrock hire will define this MF's tenure *
by jt  (2024-04-05 19:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

:) *
by VaDblDmr  (2024-04-05 20:47:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post